Link to website

home about projects portfolio contact

Thursday, June 2, 2011

"#27" – the little tele that is COMPLETE!

It's true, I just finished assembling #27, the newest guitar in my collection, and my third custom built. This one is more "custom" than the other two though. Thanks to Marc Rutter of Rutters Guitars for making the body out of a sweet (sic), lightweight piece of Sugar Pine (#27) and for custom creating the chopped tele bridge with intonated brass barrel style saddles. He also did the finish for me (as previously stated in other blog entries here).

So here it is in all it's glory:



Custom, lightweight, sugar pine body tele style guitar with forearm relief, belly cutaway, relic'd nitrocellulose vintage blonde satin finish, gretsch filtertron pickups, fender S-1 style "La Cabronita Especial" wiring with volume/tone switch (complete with mogami shielded wire, Sprague Orange Capacitors), fully shielded, 3-way gibson style pickup selector switch, polished aluminum electro-socket jack cup with switchcraft brand jack, schaller strap locks, Fender '69 thinline telecaster neck with "F" tuners.
Custom built chopped bridge by Marc Rutter

Gretsch Filtertons



Shielded control cavity and some of the cleanest wiring I've ever done!
Electro-socket jack cup

I used StewMac's Shielding paint


It's a hard finish to capture on film. In person you can see all the subtly in it, the wood grain lightly showing through, the excellent but not over the top relic job Marc did.

S-1 500K pot wired with .001uf & .0033uf (up), Two (2) .0033uf  (down). Gibson style 3-way switch

I'm very proud of it! I'll try to get a sound clip or video up soon. I've been playing so much piano, I need to brush up on my guitar work, for sure!

The pearloid pickguard is still on the way, along with the back plate. I'll post when they arrive and I can get some better pics too!

No comments:

Post a Comment