Link to website

home about projects portfolio contact

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Ever-Changing Wish List

There is a long list of lustful items but the prices are just too far from my reach....ever!

Hamer Newport Vintage Natural with Bigsby
I saw this one while in Hot Springs at Ronnie’s Guitar Shop. It is super lightweight and has Seymour Duncan Phat Cat P90s, Bigsby Vibrato, and just feels and sounds great! $2200 :(
Hamer Newport Vintage Natural, Spruce Top, Mahogany Hollow Body


Taylor GC8
My favorite Taylor to play. Superior construction/craftsmanship, excellent action and playability and once again...$2250! ugh.



Gretsch 6120 JR
I've only held the real thing once and never even got to play it. I've played it's larger, lesser Korean cousin, the 5120, but it's just not the same. This smaller version of the 6120 is just the ideal weight and size for comfy rockabilly playing all night long! $1500-2000





Danelectro '59 Modified
I used to own a '56 U2 reissue in blue burst. It's a great little cheap guitar but it had a few things I didn't like about it. But this model, much like what Jimmy Page first played, has some improvements that I think would make it worth owning. It's not expensive but it falls into the category of unnecessary and a splurge only when I have extra cash....which is hardly ever! $349 avg price.




Steinberger Synapse SS-2F Custom
All through the 80's I wanted a real steinberger, you know, the graphite ones that were so cool. I bought the Hohner version in 1990 when I was in a band with Donavan Suitt called "The Madley Children". It was a fitting instrument for such a perennial-ly 80's electronic sounding band. But what I found was how easy it was to set up, tune, stay in tune, carry, gig with for hours, etc. I kept that guitar, mostly locked away in a case, until 2000 and sold it on ebay for $350. Over half price loss. :(  Then I bought the MusicYo version of Steinberger GT but returned it due to being a piece of 'goseh'.
Well, now Gibson owns Steinberger and has produced this new model. $900



The short list of other desirables that I can't afford or can't seem to splurge on these days:
Danelectro U2 '56 Pro (in baby blue or cream): $349-500 (if you can find one!)
John Mayer Signature Stratocaster ($1500 used)
Fender Vibrolux Reverb-Amp
Fender Custom Shop La Cabronita Especial 2pup version: Mary Kay with Rosewood
Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour NOS
Vintage Les Paul
Vintage 1957 Fender Stratocaster Sunburst
VOX Handwired AC15 or AC30 in Fawn covering
and the list goes on and on....

That said, I'm really happy when I get home and get to play the wonderful instruments I have. I'm very grateful to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment