Link to website

home about projects portfolio contact

Friday, September 2, 2011

G.A.S. Report — ACQUIRED: Roland Juno-G Workstation Keyboard

That’s right! I sold one Roland and rolled the money into another. This time, it's more than just a synth, it's a workstation with the Juno name. Albeit not like a real Juno (I loved my friend Buddy's Juno 106 back in the 80s), but has some similar sounds PLUS much more.

It's a 16 track midi sequencer, a 4 track audio song recorder, a sampler, an expandable synth that you can add waveforms and patches to, and even write your own using the USB connection and editor software on Mac/PC!

The keyboard lives up to my expectations, so far, although I would have liked to have had the wonderful keybed of the RS-9 I just sold on it, the keybed on this one lacks some Oompf! The sounds are fun, amazing and with the clarity and warmth I've always loved about Roland products.

This thing is complex though. It will take me the better part of a year to learn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment