Link to website

home about projects portfolio contact

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

NUD: New Ukulele Day! Fender Nohea Koa Tenor Uke


Since they came out I wanted one but glad I held out and got my Kala Acacia Tenor first. Love that Uke, but this little Fender Nohea caught my eye today at Guitar Center as I was shopping for another tenor size to keep in reentrant (high G) tuning. See, I enjoy playing my Kala with the low silver wound G. I think it's because I'm more of guitar player and enjoy using an alternating bass sound. BUT that said, I've known for a while now that I've been missing out on some of the classic Uke sounds by not having the reentrant style high G tuning on one.

Plus, I've fallen in love with this song by Svavar Knútur called "Baby, would you marry me?". LOVE IT! I've spent most of the day transcribing it for others to learn to play. A most fun little song!


Back to the Fender Nohea All Koa ukulele. They say "all koa" but I'm pretty sure it's laminated Koa. Still... sounds good to me and has a nice loud and brite sound. All for $199. not really that bad. PLUS it looks incredible with the Koa figuring, abalone and cream bound body and neck, and not to mention the TELECASTER style headstock... just too cool! Built amazingly well for something so affordable, intonated almost perfectly, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment