Link to website

home about projects portfolio contact

Friday, January 13, 2012

"Tap, tap, tap... is this thing on?" UPDATE #2

The night that the Blue Spark Blue Limited mic arrived via UPS was last Friday. After dinner, I got the family to come down to the music room to have everyone check it out. I got Corey up first and told her to sing a song she knew. She started singing Beck's "Loser"! Very funny. Turns out both her and Rachel knew the lyrics so, she was up next. I threw some effects on their vocals for fun, everything from "Helium" to "Diva" to "DEEP vocals/octave lower". Stacey gave it a try, too! So I hooked up the SM57 for myself and "duet'd" with her on a very awful rendition of "Loser", as well. It was all so terrible sounding that the consensus was to erase it all. :(  Probably for the best. I wouldn't want to inflict that barrage on my worst enemy.

Then Rachel got behind her drums, funny enough, without ANY suggestion or encouragement from us. She laid down some really nice live drums. We then mic'd up Stacey's Djembe top and bottom and recorded two channels for a pretty excellent mix!

As said in another entry here, instrument mic'ing was never a problem for me, vocals, well... lots to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment