Link to website

home about projects portfolio contact

Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Maybe it's just a feeling that I could name, but I'd probably best blame...Impatience"

— "Impatience" from North by Elvis Costello

Please forgive these quick pics I took last night in my excitement, I plan to rewire and get everything situated and then replace these pics this weekend! :)
So, as the little pin taped on my computer, that my wife got me, says "Patience is such a waste of time", I ordered my Korg SV-1 88 key Stage Vintage Keyboard last week and it arrived yesterday!!!


Life is short...I work hard...Only so many years to enjoy my health and sanity...etc. :add excuse here:  I've said them all though, and they are true. Of course I should be more prudent with my money and keep the debt to a minimum for our future BUT....



Have you seen this, strike that, HEARD this thing? It's incredible! I'm in love and I'm massively inspired by it. Upon the first sitting, it had me at middle C!

The controls are so simple that it barely requires a manual. Everything is right there, upfront, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Simple is what they went for and that's what you get. But the sounds....oh, the sounds, those are, even in the factory settings, anything but simple!

Luscious pianos, fun playful upright version too, the clav is so funky-stevie-wonder-licious! The organs are really much better than most said, but the VOX continental sound is SOOOO Steve Nieve from Elvis Costello's Attractions! I can't wait to learn "Radio, Radio" and many more!

The strings are very luscious classic synth, especially those Mellotron tape strings, yummy like an old record!

BUT the Electric Pianos are where this thing is at! The Rhodes and Wurlies are just incredible, dynamic and vintage. Add the amp sim using the built-in 12AX7 Tube warmth and they are otherworldly!!!

This thing just oozes vibe and COOL! It is a big mother too, with a weight feeling much more than it's stated 45lbs. The keybed is firm but not too soft or too hard but very solid and responsive.


Quality abounds on this unit and I'm so very proud to own it!

Ultimate Support AX-48 Pro. Picture courtesy of Ultimate Support.
I also picked up a stand by Ultimate Support called the APEX. I'd long loved this simple, elegant design since the 80s and always wanted one. It's great and doing the job but I will say, it hates the carpet in the room! A little on the wobbly side with thick padded carpet. :(  We will have to come up with some kind of flooring solution for this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment